Friday, September 09, 2005

Weekly Update (Sept 9)

Residence Permit: This week I’ve been having some difficulty with obtaining my residence permit. It seems that even though I’m taking a leave of absence from medical school, I’m still considered a student and have to go through a much longer process to get a permit. The medical report I filled out is as follows:

I hereby certify that on [date] I examined [name] and found him/her to be not suffering from any of the disabilities referred to in Note 1:
(a) being an idiot
(b) being an imbecile
(c) being a feeble-minded person
(d) being an apileptic
(e) having had a previous attack of insanity
(f) suffering from constitutional psychopathic inferiority
(g) suffering from chronic alcoholism

I had to think about (c) for a while…

The headline for the Daily News today: “Council confiscates spoiled pasta”. Another notable article was from the newspaper Mmegi. One of the local chiefs was concerned that the labola, or bride price, was getting too expensive, and planned to restrict it to a maximum of six cows. Six cows!! I sometimes wonder how many cows I’d be worth. And would they be meat cows or milk cows…what about a goat?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may have been given a wrong application.
This application must have been for the gentleman with his picture below.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home